Santa Alicia - Wine of Chile

Carmenere

VINEYARD

Maipo Valley
Traditional vsp training.
Alluvial soil in andean foothills with good drainage and medium fertility.
Dry mediterranean climate, great temperature differential during the grape ripening period.

HARVEST

It takes place approximately during the first half of may.

VINIFICATION

Harvesting by hand, de-stemming and crushing.
Cold maceration to extract aromas and ripe tannins.
Fermentation in stainless steel tanks with controlled temperature between 25 and 28°c for 10 to 12 days.

AGING

60% of the blend is aged for approximately 6 months in french and american oak. the remaining 40% is stored in stainless steel tanks to preserve its fruity characteristics.

FINING

Natural. Pressure filtration and final membrane. Cold treatment.

TASTING NOTES

Intense ruby red color with violet hues. Spicy aromas with notes of ripe plums, vanilla, coconut and toasted wood. round mouthfeel.
Sweet tannins, medium volume.

ANALYSIS

Alcohol: 13,5 %
Acidity: 3,5 g/l
pH: 3,57
Residual sugar: 2,8 g/l

Carmenere