Santa Alicia - Wine of Chile

Chardonnay

VINEYARD

Maipo Valley
Traditional vsp training, with yield per hectare.
The vineyard is controlled by pruning and drip irrigation.
Vineyards are located mainly in the areas of maría pinto and melipilla, the longest stretch of the Maipo Valley closer to the coast, with more moderate temperatures due to the breezes from the pacific ocean that help preserve the typical aromas of the vineyards.

VINIFICATION

Manual harvesting. crushing, pressing in pneumatic press, decanting of the musts.
40% of the must is fermented in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 60% is fermented in french oak at a temperature between 13 and 14°c for 18 to 21 days. Once the fermentation is completed, the wine is stored in wood with yeast lees for approximately 5-6 months before proceeding with the final blend.

HARVEST

Second half of march, first week of april.

AGING

Aging in stainless steel and french oak until the spring of the same year.

FINING

Bentonite. pressure filtration and sterile membrane.

TASTING NOTES

Intense yellow color with golden reflections. Expressive, cheerful nose with citrus fruit like pineapple, mandarin oranges and green apple. Just the right touches of vanilla and toasted almonds from the wood. fresh mouthfeel, good volume, vivacious and persistent.

ANALYSIS

Alcohol: 13,7 %
Acidity: 4,57 g/l
pH: 3,3
Residual sugar: 2,67 g/l

Chardonnay